Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Bumgenius Diaper Review

Asher is rocking the Bumgenius OS in Clementine


Finding which brand of cloth diapers you like is comparable to trying to pick a bottle of sake from a Japanese restaurant- they all seem like they would be the same, but they are definitely not.

One of my favorite diapers so far has been Bumgenius brand.

Now, for the first 6-8 weeks of my baby's life, I thought the Bumgenius diapers were too wide in the crotch area, leaving my little man looking bow legged. 

I ended up using disposable diapers the first 4-6 weeks, partially because I was disabled from birth and unable to walk for that time, let alone do laundry, but the other reason was because baby was so small and the cloth diapers looked too bulky and uncomfortable so I waited until he grew a little bit.

They do have newborn cloths but those are pointless since the kid will only fit in them for the first couple months.

I opted for OS (one size fits all) diapers that could be adjusted as baby grows and used the entire duration of his little diapering life.

The Bumgenius ended up being one of my favorite brands due to their absorbability, the inserts that snap larger or smaller as needed, and because they're easy to snap on and off during the middle of the night when you want to disturb the babe as little as possible. Some moms choose to put in extra liners and leave their baby in a wet diaper all night, but that just doesn't sit well with me. I know I wouldn't want to wear a pissy diaper all night so I change him and Bumgenuius makes that easy and manageable.

I use the Bumgenius pocket diapers as well as the AIO (all in one) diapers.

The AIO is awesome because there's no stuffing or changing liners involved.

S0, here's a recap:

PROS:                                               CONS:
Absorbent                                           Too bulky for newborns
Easy to change                                  
Adjustable sized liners
Adjustable snaps to go big/small
Cute colors!









No comments:

Post a Comment