Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top 5 Reasons to Cloth Diaper

When I first got pregnant and started figuring out how I would approach motherhood, I knew I wanted to raise a healthy, conscious, eco-friendly baby from birth and I knew I needed to figure out how to budget having a child, especially considering my birth resulted in me being bed-ridden for 6 weeks and unable to work for several months.

I originally started researching "natural diapers", but after coming across some shocking statistics and diaper costs, I quickly decided cloth diapering was the best decision for me and my little babe.


#1. COST




That's right cloth diapering is sooo much cheaper!!! 

If you're smart, you will make your baby registry on Amazon.com and add the cloth diapers you want, making it easy on all your family and baby shower guests! That way you get exactly what you want, you don't end up with 30 boxes of disposable diapers, and you don't have to dish out the initial investment needed for cloth diapers, which is about $300. 

Keep in mind that $300 covers all your cloth diapers needed for the kid's entire diapered life AND for any siblings that may follow.

#2. HEALTHIER FOR BABY


By wicking away moisture, your baby has less of a chance of diaper rash and skin irritations from chemicals, bleaches, and dyes used in disposable diapers.

#3. MAKES POTTY TRAINING EASIER


Since cloth diapers don't turn pee into gel from the sodium polyacrylate filling (yuck!), babies are more aware when they are wet which makes them more aware of their urges and when they need to go. This makes potty training easier for them to jump into.

Babies these days are so lazy they've gotten comfortable sitting in pee and chemical filled disposable diapers. I'm over here like, "Get off the diapers and get a job, kid!" 






#4 SUSTAINABLE AND BETTER FOR MAMA EARTH!



Not only is cloth diapering great for your budget, but it's great for the Earth. I mean honestly, the BILLIONS of diapers tossed in the landfill each year are disgusting! I sure as hell don't want to contribute to that. 

Babies don't have to turn into rotten little earth-life force-sucking trolls that deplete the land of it's beauty and natural resources. 

Sustainable babies are more likely to grow up into being sustainable adults!

#5. THEY'RE FREAKING ADORABLE AND KINDA MAKE CHANGING DIAPERS FUN 



Yeah, it's true, you somehow don't mind changing diapers as much when you have colorful, soft, adorable diapers to choose from!



No comments:

Post a Comment